NMASBO Distinguished School Business Official of the Year Roadrunner Award
NMASBO is committed to developing public awareness and appreciation of public school business leaders and the value they add to the daily operations of schools through The School Business Official of the Year which is awarded annually at the Spring Budget Workshop in Albuquerque, NM. This award is given to NMASBO members who exhibit visionary leadership, make contributions to the School Business Management profession and are dedicated to advance quality education to students across the state of New Mexico.
NMASBO Distinguished Roadrunner Award is presented to one individual who best exemplifies visionary leadership in school business management. Each year we honor the school management professional who has contributed consistently as a school business official throughout his or her career, demonstrating passion, commitment, and dedication to the profession.
Distinguished Roadrunner Award recipient(s) receive:
- A $2,500 Scholarship to attend ASBO International Annual Meeting & Expo
- An elegant Roadrunner Award statue.
- The distinguished Roadrunner Award pin to display proudly at NMASBO events and school district functions.
- Recognition at NMASBO Spring Budget Workshop, on the NMASBO website, article in NMASBO Quarterly Newsletter.
The Distinguished Roadrunner Award is given to an individual each year for their outstanding contributions to their districts and the profession. This school business professional displays commendable leadership and dedication to their students and districts.
An independent panel of judges evaluates the applications and chooses the most-qualified candidates as finalists. The NMASBO Awards Committee will serve on the selection panel and review all nominations.
Nominations for the 2018 NMASBO Distinguished SBO Roadrunner Award: deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, March 16, 2018. Nominate someone today! Fill out the nomination form below.
Proudly sponsored by:
Congratulations to Carl Gruenler from Sante Fe Public Schools our 2017 & 2nd Distinguished School Business Official of the Year Roadrunner Winner!
Paul Aguilar, Carl Gruenler, Hannah Skandera, Micah Handell, Claire Cieremans
Congratulations to Pamela Beevers from Melrose Public Schools our 2016 & Inaugural Distinguished School Business Official of the Year Roadrunner Winner!
Terry Dean, Claire Cieremans, Pamela Beevers, Lynn Sarkis, Phillip Kim
Congratulations to Marsha Stowe, House Municipal Schools and Alfred Martinez, Academy of Trades & Technology our 2015 School Business Officials of the Year!
Claire Cieremans, Hanna Skandara, Marsha Stowe, & Naomi Vicenti
Claire Cieremans, Hanna Skandara, Alfred Martinez, & Naomi Vicenti
2018 NMASBO Distinguished SBO Roadrunner Award
Please fill out the form below and in the blank space below provide a summary of why the nominee deserves the award and incorporate the following information about the nominee:
- Current active member of NMASBO for the last (3) years.
- Current Position requires at least 75% of time in area related to school finance
- Demonstrates leadership in school finance administration, statewide contributions
- Holds current state issued School Business License, Level I, II
- Awards (local, state, national) the nominee has received
- Offices (local, state, national) the nominee has held
- Innovative programs the nominee has implemented in his/her district/region
- Professional development activities the nominee has been involved in as presenter and or participant
- Community activities and service organization involvement
After you submit this form Please send an official letter of recommendation for your nominee detailing the information above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to submit nomination & letter: Friday, March 2, 2018